18 · Other adventure suggestions
- Since T.A. 1635, there has been no contact with the Dwarves of the outpost of Silverplunge. Worried by this, the Beornings (or the Dwarves of Khazad-dum) would very much like to know why. The party is hired by either group to investigate. Their reward be will paid when they return with some proof of their findings (GM’s discretion on how much).
- The most obvious, but likely the most dangerous challenge confronting a party within the Grey Mountains, is an assault on a Dragon lair. This is perfect for GM’s who wish to dispose of irksome high level characters !
- King Thrain I, and Thorin his son, were both deeply embarrassed by the public departure of Narvi and his followers. Now, several years later (c. T.A. 2100), the Dwarves have still yet to learn anything of their fate. Rumors around the Erebor region suggest that Narvi and his followers trade with the Easterlings (who are now said to be fabulously wealthy), and the King would like to know more. He is offering a reward of two hundred and fifty gold pieces for any concrete information, and double that if the party should learn of the location of Celeb-ost.
The matter of Narvi is a sensitive one, and there is a lot of ill-feeling among the Dwarves of Erebor. Because of this the King has decided to enlist the aid of outsiders. He wants the party to find out where Narvi is, or at least learn of what the Dorwinrim know.
The Dorwinrim will not prove helpful, as Narvi has bought their loyalty. The PCs might like to try shadowing a trading group, in the hope of learning something of Narvi’s whereabouts.
A further dimension that might be added to this scenario is the so-called “rebellion” (see section 2.0) of Celeb-ost in c. 2106.
- Vague rumors run through Northern Rhovanion, telling of fearsome creatures roaming the land north of the Grey Mountains. Apparently they operate from a large stronghold deep in the northern foothills. No-one seems to know any exact details, and the stories stem from the reports of furriers/trappers who trade with the Lotan people of the region east of the Grey Mountains.
Brave (or foolish) PCs seeking wealth, or who are just plain curious, may wish to find out more. They will, of course, run into the lce-orcs of Kala Dulakurth.
- The party is contacted by Varchaz, the commander of the Rhûnnish supply trains, in Erebor/Dale/Long-lake, via an emissary. He is interested in hiring a party to rid the Narrows of Dragons.
The supply trains, of late, have been repeatedly attacked by several Dragons. The Witch-king does not care for excuses, and is making veiled threats to Varchaz over the continued failure of the grain shipments.
The PCs will travel with the wains, acting as “special guards.” Should any Dragons attack the wains Varchaz expects the party to deal with it. He will pay the party members one gold piece per day. Any other treasure found (i.e., at the (hopefully) deceased Dragon’s lair) he will divide into proportions with PCs. His generosity depends upon the number of guards he has with him.
Pour les fichiers .markdown, préférer un clic droit et sélectionner
« Enregistrer le lien sous... »